This tip provided by Design Partner Katie Durski of Ribbon & Ink
Who here uses a boring link tree for their Instagram profile link? A link tree is basically a mobile menu that allows you to list different buttons for different places. Most of my full branding wedding vendor clients have Showit sites and I can't believe I am now just realizing how easy it is to create a custom link tree menu for your Instagram profile. Why use a boring standard menu when you can make one in Showit?! Here are the steps:
- Create a new page in your Showit site and name it whatever you want. I named mine “Link Tree.” Others have used “IG” for a shorter link.
- Next rename the default canvas to “Instagram” or whatever you want and resize both the mobile and desktop canvas. I'd make the mobile about 1000px high and the desktop to be 700px high and set the the canvas height to “window height” for desktop.
- Next add your logo to your canvas by going to your media library and adding it to your page. Scale it and place it appropriately on both desktop and mobile (tablet users use the desktop view.)
- Then add whatever buttons you want and link them using “click actions” on the left.
- I also added a “browse around” text with a simple rectangle.
- Get your url to copy and paste into your link tree. To do this make sure the “page” tab is selected on the left. Then look at “page info” on the right and see what the “slug” says. Add that text to the end of your domain with a “/”. So mine is “www.ribbonandink.com/linktree“.
- Toggle between the desktop and mobile views to make sure your desktop version is set up too as tablet users will see the desktop version and then hit PUBLISH.
- Then simply type your link tree url into your instagram profile and you're DONE!
Learn more from Katie at Ribbon & Ink Blog