Finding Freedom in Your Creative Business

December 7, 2020

By:

Cassandra Campbell

With Designer Bernel Westbrook

Free to Be Me – A Showit Creator Series

What does it mean to be free?

We know what it means to be “without cost”—like a free meal; or “without restraint”—like free speech; or even “without burden,” as in debt-free. But what does it mean to be free in your creative business?

As a creator, you may at some point asked yourself the question, am I really free to be me?  Especially in your creative small business?

• Have you found a way for your vision to truly come to life?
  • Can you work when you want to work?
  • Are you able to work where you want to work?

Do I have the freedom to laugh the way I do because that’s how my family has always done it; or even cry the way I do because beautiful things just make me do it? 

Can you be free to create and find success?

When so much in the world seems to reward assimilation, can I just be me—and be myself with a heart and passion to serve others? Is it possible to be free in my creative business and still suceed?

YESSSS—And here’s proof!

We’re starting a Showit Creator Series, called, “Free to be me,” and for our first episode in the series, we’d love to introduce you to Bernel Westbrook. Bernel is a brand expert, designer and owner of Branded By Bernel, a design boutique flourishing in Charlotte, NC. If you’ve ever met Bernel in person, you know the energy she brings to a room. Her unique style and approach to branding and design has created opportunities to blaze her own trail that not only point to a promising future for her, but also a path so many young creatives after her can follow. 

How do you find ways to be free in your creative business?

We'd love you hear how you find ways to be free to be you in your creative business. What do you think it means to be free? How do you show it in your work for others?

Have you found a way to be free in your creative business? Share with us here on the blog in the comments. Tag us on Instagram of how you flex your creative muscles. If Facebook is your jam, we always love to see what you are creating and sharing there, too!

Want more? Even with just a few moments you get get further inspiration from your fellow creatives! Recharge with the community through our Showit Spotlight series. You can read about designers like Elizabeth McCravey and Gillian Sarah. See how fellow small business owners keep going and how they started with Photographer Vanessa Hicks and Business Strategist Jasmine Star.

Oh, and if you are wanting to up your own game and get your online home refreshed and ready for clients you can try Showit for free at app.showit.co

Casandra is a born and bred East Coaster who finds herself braving the heat of the Valley of the Sun with her husband and three cute kids all for the love of Showit.