When you spend your day multi-tasking, like going from building an album, to checking an email, to sending a message on Facebook, you lose a small amount of productivity as you move between tasks.
According to Tim Ferris (4 Hour Workweek), you lose exactly 45 seconds each time you move from one task to another. So about 90 seconds is lost as you move to a task, work on it, then move back. Yikes!! In a typical work day, checking 30 tasks (like email and FB) will lose you about 45 minutes of total productivity. That is a LOT of time!
- The same applies for EDITING. When you are culling images (like picking the keepers for your clients) or editing, you end up moving your mouse, then pressing buttons on your keyboard with only your left hand. This is unnatural and causes you to take your eyes off the screen, and look down at your keyboard, then look back at the screen, which slows down productivity. You would not believe how much time is spent doing this small adjustments! So, what is the answer to this problem and can we REALLY save time in our workflow IF we can adjust?
- Today we want to introduce you to a simple, yet powerful tool that can literally speed up your post processing times by hours. Yes, HOURS!Introducing the Shuttle Pro V2
- I first heard about this tool from Jared Platt, and what is powerful about the Shuttle Pro V2 is it is an ergonomically designed quick control key that you can program to take over simple or complex functions in any program you choose.
- So for example, instead of pressing “P” to pick an image as a keeper in Lightroom, you can simply press a button that is in an easily muscle memorized location on the Shuttle. This allows you to keep your eyes on the screen, and not on your keyboard. Although it may seem like a small amount of time lost looking over at that keyboard, when you are picking, adjusting and tweaking photos with thousands of small adjustments, that time adds up!
- The first time I used the Shuttle, I went from taking about 2.5 hours to cull (or pick my final images, album shots and blog shots) 3,000 images, to it taking exactly 55 minutes for the same amount of work. Now it takes me closer to 45 minutes to pick all the client favorites, pick the album shots and cull through 3 to 4 thousand images. Then add my editing time which is down to about 1.5 hours, and my entire workflow is 2.5 hours total using this bad boy. That's fast!
Check out the Shuttle Pro and you will be amazed at what it can do for your editing time!
For MORE from FREE content, lighting
tips, check out our blog at ZachandJody.com/blog
PS. Did you enjoy this post? If so, Tweet it out by clicking HERE or
share the below on Facebook!
“I just learned how to save hours in post-production with one simple tool from @zachandjody Check it out at http://bit.ly/Showit1”
PPS. We do not work for, get paid by or are sponsored by Shuttle Pro, but just love the product because it saves us so much time!